2020 was a big year. We saw a global pandemic, protests in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, and wildfires raging across the state. Despite all of this, we had nine students pull through to defend their thesis research in 2020! Please join me in congratulating the following students:
- Lindsay Cooper, Phycology Lab
- Kenji Soto, Geological Oceanography Lab
- Amber Reichert, Pacific Shark Research Center
- Mason Cole, Vertebrate Ecology Lab
- June Shrestha, Ichthyology Lab
- Dan Gossard, Phycology Lab
- Jacoby Baker, Ichthyology Lab
- Emily Pierce, Invertebrate Zoology Lab
- Miya Pavlock-McAuliffe, Physical Oceanography Lab
Please read below to learn a little more about each student's research. As always, please also check out the posts highlighting student research from previous years as well at the following links: 2019, 2018, and 2017.
Special author note: As I am one of the students that defended and graduated this year, this will be my last post for The Drop-In. From writing about classes to conferences and student research, it's been a pleasure writing for this blog. Hopefully someone else will carry the torch forward in the new year to highlight and celebrate the research of graduating students!