NEWS & NEW
- The Library is open for limited onsite use in accordance with MLML/SJSU's remote start to Spring semester classes.
- We welcome you to access the library spaces for browsing the shelves, checking out books, printing, and asking us questions. We do ask that you limit your time spent using the library space for other activities (i.e. gathering and studying).
- Please fill out the tracking form and follow MLML guidelines for using the library space. (If you didn't have your phone with you to scan the QR code, you can fill the form out after the fact!)
- MBARI affiliates: please contact librarian Katie Lage to request access.
- Journals and other electronic materials can be accessed remotely following these instructions.
- More info: Library COVID Updates & Services
The MLML Digital Commons is currently unavailable; we apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us for assistance.
Statement of Solidarity
The MLML/MBARI Research Library shares MLML, SJSU, and MBARI’s institutional commitments to addressing racial inequality. We stand in solidarity with the Black Caucus of the American Library Association and the Executive Board of the American Library Association. We are proud to be one of many libraries across the United States to condemn violence and racism towards Black people and all people of color.
Anti-Racist Reading List
Please see our Anti-Racist Reading List for a list of recommended ebooks provided by our library available for the MLML and MBARI communities. This guide and statement of support is a small start in the work we as a society and nation have ahead of us. The MLML/MBARI Research Library pledges to work with the MLML and MBARI communities to fight against racism and for social justice.