Transferring Certifications


As a scientific diver, you must be affiliated under the auspices of a program. Your home institution holds your dive related paperwork as long as you maintain diver status there.
  • If you transfer locations (i.e. you began a Ph.D program or accepted a long term position elsewhere) and will be diving under a different organization, your records will need to be sent by the DSO to your new institution's DSO.
  • If you are diving through another program temporarily but intend to remain an active MLML diver, you need a letter of reciprocity (LOR) sent by MLML's DSO to the new institution's DSO. (i.e. you got a summer internship helping a researcher on Catalina but plan to come back to finish your degree).