We provide field sampling for pollution studies pertaining to chemistry, biology, toxicology and habitat assessment in fresh, estuarine and marine environments.
- Multiple Electrofishing vessels and backpack shockers that allows for project specific collection of freshwater fish without harming non-target species
- Research vessels ranging from 17 to 22 feet readily equipped with sediment and water collection devices
- Access to additional research vessels up to 56 feet
- Autonomous water chemistry collectors and sensors (YSI)
- Trace metal and trace organic clean sampling and sample handling techniques
- Acoustic Doppler Profilers providing real time flow measurements. Electromagnetic flow velocity meters for stream discharge.
- Sediment sampling grabs and coring devices
- Fish-trawls, invertebrate and plankton nets, traps and pole spears
- California State University and Department of Fish and Game certified research divers. AAUS certified.
- Proficient with current Biological Assessment in streams and wetlands. Benthic invertebrate collection and algae using the SWAMP protocol.
- CRAM (California Rapid Assessment Methods) certified for riverine protocols
- Trash assessment
- Differential GPS and GIS capabilities for accurate site location and data analysis
See our gallery which presents the wide range of sampling equipment and habitats in which MPSL is experienced.
Please contact Wesley Heim to discuss your project’s needs.