Empower a diverse community of marine science leaders by improving understanding of barriers to the recruitment, retention, and advancement of underrepresented groups, developing initiatives to foster an inclusive environment at MLML, promoting partnerships within the CSU and the Monterey Bay region, and engaging in dialog with the local community.
The MLML DEI Committe has identified 5 major goals:
- Build a more inclusive environment at MLML
- Increase student, faculty, and staff diversity
- Ease financial barriers for participation in science
- Identify structural improvements to promote inclusion
- Promote community outreach, education, visibility