Library COVID Updates & Services
The MLML/MBARI Research Library space is open to MLML affiliates. Library services and resources are available online! More information below.
The Library space is open to MLML and MBARI affiliates for all research and studying needs. MBARI affiliates please email to come onsite as the Main Lab doors are still locked. Visits by outside researchers are allowed by advance appointment only at this time. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please adhere to the following safety guidelines:
- Masks are strongly recommended but not required at this time.
Library staff are working both onsite and remotely this semester. We are generally available Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. We can help you locate and access journal articles, assist with course reserves, improve your database searching, and much more! Please email library staff (email@example.com) or librarian Katie Lage (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Our entire library collection can be found in OneSearch, our online library catalog. A link to the record in OneSearch is helpful when locating your book!
MLML affiliates are also welcome to come browse the stacks and check out books in-person, following the instructions for using library spaces.
- Fall 2022 course reserves are a mix of print and online books. You can see them all on the MLML Course Reserves list online.
- Print course reserves do not need to be check out. Please use them in the library and return them to the shelf when you're done.
- For some classes, additional course readings can be found on your course Canvas site.
- Please also visit the Course Reserves Page for more information.
Courtesy returns give students who live closer to a CSU other than their home campus the ability to return their materials.
How do I return my CSU library books?
- You can return your books to any CSU campus library regardless of where you initially checked them out. The CSU libraries have a cooperative agreement ensuring that books will be sent to the appropriate location.
What if I cannot make it to any CSU campus to return my books?
- Please contact the circulation department at your home campus if you are unable to bring your books to any CSU library.
What if I checked out a laptop or some other kind of technology?
- Most CSU Libraries have also extended due dates on laptops and technology, but they will have to be returned directly to the owning campus. Please contact your home library if you have questions.
How do I find the closest CSU Library or contact my home library?
- Maps and contact information for all 23 CSU Libraries are available here